We’re Hiring! Could you be our Workshop Leader?
We’re looking for a Workshop Leader to join us in this pivotal role within the company at an exciting time of change, as we expand our offer of creative activities across Brighton and Hove.
You will focus primarily on co-designing (with BPT members and the Artistic Director) and delivering (with the Operations and Programme Manager and the Artistic Director) the workshop programme for the company.
You will be responsible for running 5 workshops a week, along with devising and rehearsing end of term sharings (autumn and spring terms) and end of year show (summer term). It is a mixed and varied role, with autonomy and responsibility, and a requirement to work flexibly as part of the team.
We are looking for a creative individual with outstanding people skills. You will be reliable, open and responsive. You will be confident in leading co-creative processes with people who may never have tried theatre before.
This is is a part-time post working 4 days per week; Monday – Thursday.
BPT actively seeks to recruit individuals from less well-represented groups in the arts, this includes those from Working Class backgrounds, Black and Minority ethnic, Deaf & disabled and LGBTQI+ communities.
- Salary £28-30k pro rata
- 4 days a week
- 11-month contract
- The deadline to apply 23 June
- Download a job description here
- Download our guidance pack and the application form here
- All applicants will need to complete our equal opportunities form. Download this here.
- Download a large print application pack here
- Applications due: Wednesday 23 June 2021, 9 am (strict deadline)
- First round interviews: Wednesday 30 June 2021 (time TBC)
- Second round workshop with members: Tuesday 6 July (time TBC)
- Candidate appointed: Monday 12 July
- Start date: Two days of freelance work Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 July. Fixed Term Contract starts Tuesday 31 August 2021 until Friday 29 July 2022
We hope that our guidance pack includes all the information you need. If you have any further queries, please email our Artistic Director Naomi Alexander via [email protected]
We have had a question about the Workshop Leader role and we wanted to share our thoughts with potential applicants.
We have been asked ‘Can I apply if I only have experience leading workshops with children in schools?’ We appreciate the transferable skills but we are keen to work with a practitioner with experience of co-creating with adults. This is our area of specialism and we need to ensure a person has relevant experience and confidence in this way of working.
The post is titled Workshop Leader, but it is much more than running workshops, we want someone who will work alongside our Artistic Director as an associate. The person recruited needs to have a track record in co-creation and an interest in deepening and developing the practice of the organisation.
If you have more questions please do get in touch.
Thanks for the interest in this role!