- Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1YD
- £10 per workshop (£60 total) OR Pay What You Decide if you are on a low income
Do you want to be in a new film about Brighton?
This term we’re working with Brighton-based film and TV (EastEnders) writer Kenny Emson. Inspired by ideas from BPT members, Kenny will write a script for us about Brighton life which captures this moment in time as we emerge from lockdown.
Over the six weeks, we will rehearse the script. We will then bring in a filmmaker who will film members performing the script on the stage at The Attenborough Centre for Creative Arts at Falmer on the 12 and 13 July (in a covid safe environment of course). The final film will be showcased at a venue TBC on Tuesday 20 July.
Do you want the buzz of performing on a stage under lights, but without the nerves of a live performance? Sign up and commit to all six-week rehearsals and be part of a film to be proud of.
We’re so pleased to be able to play together in person again. Our rehearsal process will be socially distanced and with masks, but in spite of this, we are hoping that it will bring the fun of face-to-face theatre back to all our lives.
- DATES: Monday 7 June – Monday 12 July 2021 (sign up for the full six weeks)
- TIME: 7.15 pm – 8.45 pm
- VENUE: Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YD
We prioritise people who have had the fewest opportunities to access arts and cultural activities. Our activities are open to people over the age of 18, with a BNpostcode, and who have never worked professionally in the arts.
COST: £10 per workshop (£60 total) OR
Pay What You Decide if you live in any of the following areas or are on a low income:
- North – Moulsecoomb & Bevendean, Hollingdean, Hollingbury, Coldean
- Central – Tarner, Phoenix Estate, Pankhurst Rd area & Eastern Road area
- East – East Brighton, Bristol Estate, Craven Vale & Woodingdean
- West – Hangleton & Knoll, Portslade & Portland Road
- Anyone living in council or social housing in the city
We know booking on Eventbrite can sometimes be difficult. If you are having trouble booking you can contact our Operations Manager Fran via Fran@brightonpeoplestheatre.org or 07503430188.
About the facilitator
Tanushka Marah works as a freelance director and movement coach and has directed many plays including Dracula, Beauty and the Beast, Macbeth, and Animal Farm. In 2017 she worked with Brighton People’s Theatre as a guest director on Tighten Our Belts. Tanushka runs a youth theatre company WYActors whose production of Berkoff’s Agamemnon won The Outstanding Theatre Award at Brighton Fringe 2017.Book now