Would you like to find out more about theatre producing and management?
We are offering a Kickstart placement for an 18-24-year-old starting out in the arts. Kickstart is a government-funded scheme that offers work placements for young people at risk of long term unemployment. You will be paid for a six-month placement, for 25 hours a week.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept direct applications for this placement, you will need to contact your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus to get a referral.
This is an entry-level position in arts management and producing, delivered in partnership with Brighton Dome and Festival. The person will work on the research and development of an exciting new co-production called The Songbird Café: an outdoor family musical and a workshop programme. The role will support theatre workshops delivered across the City, assist the creative and management team, and meet members of our community.
The role will be based with Brighton People’s Theatre. It will be varied and would suit someone who likes meeting members of the public, is comfortable with handling money, collating information and organising events. We’re a friendly bunch and look forward to welcoming a new member to our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing administration support for workshops, making sure information is gathered and distributed to the right people
- Attending weekly workshops and rehearsals
- Supporting the production of workshop/programme sharings including liaising with venues and organising refreshments
- Supporting the evaluation process with the distribution and compiling of evaluation forms and other tools
- Supporting the workshop leaders and often being the first point of contact for the organisation
- Organising materials including props and costumes, and supporting the creative team with the sourcing of anything additional as required during the research process
- Assisting with workshop reporting, typing up notes and taking photos
- Ensuring access needs are met for participants, and supporting the Operations and Programme Manager with this
Interested? Contact your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus to get a referral.
Read more about the Kickstart Scheme on the government website.