Do you want to be part of creating our new production The Songbird Café?
Please note, the closing date to receive expressions of interest was Thursday 20 January 2022.
We want to co-create a family-friendly musical that will tour to parks during the Brighton Festival 2023. We hope The Songbird Café will be an actual cafe during the day that transforms into the set for our show at night.
[image credit: Julian Howell, BPT Member]
Find out more about our vision for The Songbird Cafe and the creative team behind it here.
Who we are looking for to get involved
We’re looking for people who want to create the world of the show with us, the characters, and the stories we tell. Perhaps you’d like to get involved in writing the songs, designing the set and costumes, or making up a dance.
We will be running fun, friendly workshops, led by professional artists, and we are looking for people who could come along on the following dates:
- Saturday 29 January 2022 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 27 February 2022 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 27 March 2022 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 24 April 2022 10am – 5pm
- Performers rehearse every Tuesday evening in May 2022 with the Directors
- Saturday 11 June 2022 10am – 5pm (sharing to friends and family)
We are looking for anyone who is excited by the idea of being a part of this who would like to contribute their ideas to this show. In particular, we want to involve:
- People who are open, collaborative, and responsive to others
- People who have some experience or enthusiasm for being creative but may not have had many opportunities
What you might get out of it
We hope that being part of The Songbird Café will be a joyful experience for everyone involved. We anticipate that you might benefit in the following ways:
- Learning about the creative process behind making a show
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Developing your creativity
- Contributing your ideas and maybe seeing them end up in a show which tours
Are you in?
If you like the sound of this and want to be a part of it, please fill in the form below.
If you have any questions about any of this or any suggestions please contact our Operations Manager Fran on [email protected] or 07503 430188.
We are expecting more people than there are places, so please hold the dates and we will get back to you by 20 January 2022.