Friends Meetings House, Ship Street, Brighton , BN1 1AF
Over six weeks we’re running a series of drop-in workshops with a focus on playing games and using improvisation to create a character.
In these workshops we will:
- Play games
- Learn acting techniques and skills
- Develop confidence and presence onstage
- Make friends, have a laugh and take creative risks
- Learn how improvisation and play can be used to create a character
- Develop/Write a monologue or scene for your character
- Have the chance to perform and develop this and receive feedback from a supportive and positive group
- Have the chance to perform at a cabaret night on the 14 December in front of a supportive audience
Come along if you’ve never done anything like this before and you want to try something new. Or if you used to love acting but haven’t done it for years. Or if you’ve always wanted to act but didn’t know where to start. You are in the right place!
100% of people that come to our workshops would recommend us to a friend. Join us for a night of fun in a supportive low-stress workshop.
Come to all six workshops or just drop-in when you want. Each two hour session will be a mixture of games, exercises and improvisation as we develop your character.
Each workshop will be two hours long with a short break in the middle.
- DATES: Thursdays 2 November – 7 December
- TIME: 6 – 8 pm
- VENUE: Friends Meeting House, Ship St, Brighton, BN1 1AF
- COST: Pay What You Decide if on a low income or £12 per workshop
We want to be inclusive and accessible to everyone. If you have any access needs we should be aware of so we can best support you to participate in our workshops, please do get in touch with us at least 24 hours beforehand. This is so we can adapt and tailor the workshop accordingly, so you get the best out of the experience.
Thanks to the support of Brighton and Hove buses we are able to offer day saver bus tickets to those on low incomes wanting to attend our workshops. If you would like more information on how we can support your travel needs please contact us via 07503 430188 or email [email protected].
We prioritise people who have had the fewest opportunities to access arts and cultural activities. We are open to anyone with a BN postcode, who is over 18, and who doesn’t earn their living as a professional artist.
If you attend 12 workshops in a calendar year, you will be invited to become a member of BPT. Read more about what it means to be a Member of BPT here.
Bookings are closed for this event.